Position Testing with Accuplacer-About the Test
Accuplacer outcomes can help pupils to select accordingly whenever registering for classes. Pupils that have finished senior school with a 2.7 GPA or maybe more from in the previous decade don’t need to simply take the English sections of this Accuplacer. Pupils who possess graduated senior school with a 2.7 GPA or more from in the previous 36 months don’t need to make the mathematics parts of the Accuplacer. Submit your transcripts towards the Admissions office and talk to a consultant about which test parts you may have to take.
In regards to the Test
The positioning test is delivered via computer utilizing Accuplacer, supplied by university Board.
Day on Test:
- Intend on testing more or less 2 hours. The length of the session shall differ for every pupil.
- A photograph I.D. is necessary prior to the test may be administered with no meals, beverages, gadgets, or other individual things are allowed within the screening space.
- Family and friends might maybe perhaps not accompany pupils to the evaluating space. https://ultius.ws Anybody not testing, including parents and young ones, will never be allowed in testing areas. For lots more information review our guest/visitor policies.
- Exact Same retests are not allowed day. For information on MWCC’s retest policy please relate to the College Catalog.
The test is divided in to 2 English sections and 1-2 mathematics parts. For info on exactly what your positioning scores mean, please always check right here.
Campuses & Scheduling
Position screening can be obtained during the Gardner, Leominster, and Devens campuses. Students testing for MWCC should have been already accepted towards the university. Phone ahead if evaluation for the different college.
- Walk–In testing: Monday-Friday 8:30am–1:00pm and also Tuesdays at 5:00pm.
- By visit assessment: for, appointments are available for Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm, and Thursdays at 1:00pm august. Starting in appointments are available for Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm, and Fridays at 9am september. Phone 978-630-9813 or 978-630-9812 to schedule.
- By visit evaluating: for, appointments are available for Thursday mornings at 9am august. Starting in appointments are available for Wednesday mornings at 9:00am september. Use the Testing Appointment Calendar or call 978-630-9569 to schedule.
Get yourself ready for the Test
Pupils should review research materials ahead of screening. Create College Board’s student portal right right here: Accuplacer scholar Portal. This site includes the features that are following
- Practice Resources, such as for example research guides and test tests which help you go through the kinds of concerns become expected on test time
- Score Report, allowing one to access your scores online
- Test Center Locator, which enables you to look for a assessment location near to house (if you choose to evaluate at another educational college, please give us a call for further instruction ahead of evaluating)
You may also print out of the scholarly research guides here:
(Note: Accuplacer phone apps aren’t developed by university Board and therefore are not advised to be used.)
Sign up for A smart that is mandatory start once you have finished the positioning test. At SMART begin you will read about your test ratings, program positioning, and course routine.
Note: Students in Dual Enrollment, Gateway, and Pathways programs don’t go to SMART begin.
Requesting ratings from MWCC Test ratings won’t be provided to anybody except that the real test taker without written permission through the test taker.
- If you wish to request your ratings, or have them sent some other place, you might deliver a message from your own MWCC account to email@example.com. Add your title, MWCC ID # (or date of delivery), your contact number, approximate test times, the title for the recipient/institution, in addition to target, email, or fax where they must be sent.
- As opposed to utilizing an MWCC e-mail account, you might finish and signal the Accuplacer rating Request form and fax to 978-630-9278 or scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ratings can also be released by demand from the designee (such as for instance a spouse or parent) noted on a FERPA (FamilyEducationalRighttoPrivacyAct) waiver type. The records office at 978-630-9106 if you have not completed a form and would like to, or want to make changes, contact.
Sending Scores to MWCC from Another School If you took Accuplacer at an alternative school and want for MWCC to truly have the ratings, you have to contact one other college to request the score report be sent right to Testing Services at MWCC.
- Rating reports is only going to be accepted if sent right to MWCC Testing Services from one other college. Ratings are not legitimate if more than three years old. You need to discuss your ratings by having an Advisor.
- Schools may send Accuplacer score states to Testing Services by fax: 978-630-9278 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
To request accommodations that are reasonable assessment, please contact pupil Services at 978-630-9855 ahead of scheduling the test.
MWCC can use your test outcomes for information collection and analysis that is statistical to analyze. Your title won’t be a part of any research task.