Next Steps for Admitted Students. April is just a busy month for an admission therapist
When deciding which college to wait for the next four years, it’s therefore valuable to look at the college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting many different schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student for each campus. Exactly What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. We encourage our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this next thirty days to try to envision exactly what your USC experience could be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline associated with the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, in the event that you haven’t already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our site for more information about how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you do have a better chance of getting the type of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you’re perhaps not 100% sure you are arriving at USC year that is next you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to carry your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a great chance to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will additionally sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You will be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company days when you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC funds for the AP that is various and exams.
For those who have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on https://shmoop.pro/ our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are very happy to help answr fully your concerns and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does that mean?
For starters, we have more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman class!). We believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a positive learning environment by enabling for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted into the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing pupils with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC also ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not desire to stay away from USC for a long time, we additionally offer many summer programs. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can improve their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer living with a number family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils because of the opportunity to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate a concern that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on discovery. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are to be had in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Lately, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international existence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we have been really a place that is global!